Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Psychiatrist's


Dear friend,
I went to the psychiatrist with my mum and brother. It's a sobering experience having one's psychiatrist and family explain how unwell I can get. As much as I have improved by getting on medication and having an excellent psychiatrist I am unlikely ever to be a fully well person.
Bipolar for me is an illness that has to be managed rather than cured.
The next 2 weeks I start the new medication but with no major changes expected until I'm on a higher dose. I hope I don't lose my early mornings flooded with ideas and the thrill of life's possibilities.
Lots of love from Susan in Australia

1 comment:

Susan Hosken said...

Latest quiet mode started today. It hit me hard. I am focused on each moment and being as positive as I can be.
lots of love from susan in australia