Friday, November 28, 2008

Staying at mum's overnight

Dear friend,
Once a month now I stay at my mum's overnight. She is 81 and loves my visits. I go for meals three nights a week as well. We have been through some very bad times with my mental illness. Now that I am stabilised we are building a lovely close relationship. I was up early and did journaling and read and then I climbed into mum's bed and we lay there chatting for an hour. We got up and had breakfast together and then spent the morning together. I went for a walk. Mum can't walk far anymore which is a shame but she is managing. We had a lovely lunch and then spent the afternoon together. I had to lie down for part of it but mum is used to my fatigue and is always supportive.
Do you see your parents often? What sort of relationship do you have?
lots of love from susan in australia

1 comment:

Susan Hosken said...

Mum doesn't walk far at all now and walks extremely slowly. she will become one who shuffles which is a sad thought