Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Aloneness

Dear friend,
Today I received the books for my correspondence course which will take the next 8 weeks. I am so excited but also apprehensive at how I will go. The course is on spirituality.
I have set my goal for the course as .....living more confidently with my aloneness. Although I am single and live alone and spend a lot of time alone I get quite anxious at times with my aloneness. I have so many things I can do but mostly I need to be able to live with myself. The major challenge is living with my changing moods particularly the quiet times when I am less busy.
I will share my journey.
Today I learnt that I am mostly a spiritual being learning to be more at peace with myself.
the principles in the first session were...
1. I am a spiritual being
2. To be fully human is to be divine, and to be divine is to be fully human
3. Aloneness is a virtue, loneliness is a disease
4. There is an ego and a real self within me. I have an earthly identity and a spiritual identity.
lots of love from susan in australia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Susan Hosken said...

Did manage to do the course but wouldn't commit to anything major. I have done two online courses with Brave girls

lots of love from susan in Australia