Friday, June 29, 2007

Where do you go for advice?


Dear friend,
Do you know how to care for a maidenhair fern? Mine has been struggling for months. I don't know what to do to help.
Where do I go for advice when I don't have the answer myself? Where do you? I was up at 5am after 5 hours sleep. This is fine if I didn't also have days when I need 15 hours. I saw the psychiatrist yesterday and he wants me on another medication. He's wanted me on this medication for a long time now. The medication I'm on radically changed my personality and creativity in particular. I couldn't do gardening, cook, do my craft, etc and for someone creative it was soul destroying. I am now changed in a good way without the aggression, overspending, irrational thoughts, antisocial behaviour, etc but I'm changed. My creativity is back too. I guess I don't want more change in me good or bad. Medication that changes the sense of who I am is still spooky for me even when it's beneficial.
At the moment I've said I want to see if I can change my sleeping patterns myself. I'm not at the hard part yet of long sleeping nights and needing to get up at 8.30.
What would be your advice?
Lots of love from Susan in Australia
PS I'm making a commitment to write to you evryday unless I'm sick or the computer is

2 comments:

Dragonsally said...

Have you got your maiden hair on a large saucer with pebbles and water for the right humidity? Maybe it needs a good haircut, to recuperate?

I wonder whether your sleep problems aren't part of CFS rather than bi-polar. If you feel so much better on this medication, it seems a shame to change it to something that may or may not be as good.

Susan Hosken said...

Metoo, Thanks for suggesting maidenhair haircut. I will do that today and get it on pebbles and water.
Don't know if it is CFS or bipolar but will try hard to be more routine about my sleeping patterns.In 10 years I have never relly made a concentrated effort to be more disciplined. I am certainly being more disciplined in the past year.
Thanks for answering.
Lots of love from Susan in Australia