Tuesday, May 8, 2007

A friend's boatshed


Today I am visiting a friend's boat shed. It is a wonderful, magical little shed on the beach. The shed is full of books, magazines, buckets and spades, chairs, a bed and lots more. We sit and have coffee and chat. I usually walk along the beach. In Summer we swim. It continues to be a magical place of healing for my chronic fatigue syndrome and mental illness.
I'm back from the boat shed. What a great time my friend and I had. I did my first colored pencil landscape which I will post on my other blog. I need some feedback from EDMers.
It's wonderful in life to have special places to go to that energise you. The boatshed was magic the first day I went there. I remember seeing all the grasses and the water and everything was sparkling and alive with energy. At the time my creativity wasn't around and I found it hard to read more than a few lines. There was a book of short stories on the shelf in the boatshed. I remember sitting and reading a whole story while my friend read a paper and rested. I was so thrilled with reading a story. I repeated the performance a number of times after that. Nowadays I can read for ages no problems but back then I wondered if I'd ever be able to read much again. Yep a magical place....oh yes and a magical friend owns it. I am very blessed to have her in my life. i have grown much since I have known her.

Lots of love from Susan in Australia

1 comment:

Susan Hosken said...

Yesterday I was up at 12.30 am to begin my day and saw my masseuse and a friend with her baby and then visited an elderly friend of mine. I was able to see my elderly friend and instead of getting tired I was so energised being with her. lots of love from susan in australia