Saturday, May 12, 2007

The Artist's way


I'm going to reread The artist's way by Julia Cameron with a yahoo group. We start on Tuesday and I'm really looking forward to it. I read the introduction and refreshed my memory about morning pages and artist's dates. I never used to do morning pages last time as I resented the time I was spending that I could have used to do the art work I wasn't doing. I did art work - collaging and painting instead. This time around I am already doing my artwork so I decided to start the morning pages. As I love writing it's just another excuse to write. I am loving it already.
The artist's dates I've been doing since I last did TAW. I love making a special event each week to focus on how much I am enjoying life. I am amazed at how far I have come since I was told about TAW. I remember racing to the library to see if they had it and having to wait patiently for it to arrive. I devoured the book and even found myself a mentor to encourage me. It was a life changing experience. When I read Julia's book on walking and realised I was already doing my daily inspirational walks I became even more enthused.
Enjoy the journey
Lots of love from Susan in Australia

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great idea. Your work is really nice and I wish you good luck with the course! Take care!

Marilyn said...

I just visited your blog. Very nice. Lots of different eye candy.

Susan Hosken said...

I am doing TSOP with TAW group. We are having a break for Christmas. Don't do the MPs just journal when I can, not walking at moment because of back and artist dates aren't planned jus let them happen. Need to improve what I am doing when I get back to TSOP
lots of love from susan in australia