Sunday, June 7, 2009

Traveling update

Dear friends, The main reason I write this blog is to share my ongoing challenge of overcoming my fears of traveling from home. I am still going to motels close to home and staying overnight. I go shopping, do my art, write, read and watch TV, have bubble baths and enjoy nice meals. I have been doing this for a while now.
Last week i ventured into the country an hour from home to visit an old friend and i got lost but still got there and am ready for another challenge.
This morning I have been up since 3.15 am so a bit zippy so I have been tossing around ideas for my next bit of traveling.
I still go to a local motel every couple of months and am getting to know the managers and the local restauranteur and other shops around.
I keep thinking about going into the city but keep chickening out. I am still succeeding with baby steps.
lots of love from susan in australia

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,

It's been ages since I've commented on your blog or emailed. Just letting you know that I haven't forgotten you.

love,
Rosemary

morningDove said...

keep taking those baby steps and before long you will be running marathons. thanks for sharing your excursions.

Susan Hosken said...

I shared my second travel book with Sally and realised I have changed so much in what I like doing with my traveling. I just make little steps. I have my list of things I want to do and there is no rush