Thursday, February 22, 2007

Another movie and shop at busy complex


I'm just about to make my second visit to a busy, large shopping complex...twice in the same week. A few days ago I went to see the movie The Queen. The queues weren't so bad and the cinema was small. I still find a lot of people in the cinema daunting but I'm getting used to it. After the movies I took myself around a small section of the shopping centre. I got a map from the information booth and will visit a certain part a bit at a time. It's quite strange because I used to visit this shopping centre a lot when it was smaller about 30 years ago. i didn't have the problems I have today.
I still feel quite silly with all this but I have no other choice if I want to do a bit of traveling and get outside of my comfort zone and familiar surroundings. So off I go. I am going in search of some new music to play in the house. I don't play a lot of music I prefer the quiet but music helps to change one's mood I find.
In small ways I am also making changes to my routine by visiting a new local shopping centre and going to a new class on thinking differently run by University of the Third Age. I think I am doing really well....for today....really well.
Lots of love from Susan in Australia

1 comment:

Susan Hosken said...

I can go to the mall really easily now. i did visit the new Thrift Park and found it a bit daunting in my quiet time but I will get better with practice.
lots of love from susan in australia