Saturday, October 10, 2009

Home alone

Dear friends,
Over recent years with my mental illness I have had trouble when I have a day home alone with no planned activities, friends to see. I get really anxious. I am usually fine if I am in zippy, up mode as my mind floods with ideas of what to do with my art, reading, writing. When I am quiet and my mind is less full I get really anxious. I often get panicky and go over to my mothers but today I want to see if I can ride it out. I feel so aware of myself like I am in a fish bowl. It gets like that when I am quiet.
Do any of you get anxious if you are home alone?
lots of love from susan in australia

1 comment:

Susan Hosken said...

I am so good with being home alone now. I have learnt to embrace the stillness and quiet and often lie on the guest bed soaking it up. Life passes pleasantly enough. i am safe and i am OK