Wednesday, January 24, 2007

New York NY



Some challenges in life aren't easy. I have a mental illness that makes a lot of life quite challenging. I realise we all have our challenges so I accept mine.....some of the time!!!!
So what is this blog about. I want to go to New York to visit the Metropolitan Museum of art and to catch a yellow taxi and to go to Japan, Britain and Europe....a bit of a world tour.
I've checked the travel agent and I have the money. I am retired due to ill health so I have the time. So what's the problem? ....a few.....I get disorientated in strange places, I find it difficult dealing with crowds, I get very low moods that make it difficult to manage my day to day life. I can keep going with the list but you get the idea.
A few people, including friends say I won't be able to go but I think who knows ....there is hope and I like challenges.
That's the reason for the blog. I want to use this blog as a springboard for getting me overseas. It could take me 10 years or more, I may die trying but I want to give it every effort I can.
The other day I went to a crowded cinema and went to the movies. The crowds were scary but I did it and survived. I plan to do more of these peopled challenges. Today I went along a busy street full of workers and took my camera and took photos...practising being a tourist. I only lasted about half an hour but I did it.
Today I went to the psychiatrist and I'm starting a new lot of mood stabilisers. Who knows they may help get me on my travels.
I'll keep you posted.
Lots of love from Susan in Australia
One day I'm going to write
Lots of love from Susan in New York

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Keep trying and never give up hope. You will make it. I think you have wonderful attitude.

Brenda Yarborough said...

Susan,
Your positive outlook is absolutely AWESOME!! I'm sure you will accomplish your goals, you sound determined and you have a PLAN!!

Anonymous said...

I'm cheering you on.
I live just outside of the city and any questions about NY, just ask.
I on the other hand am planning to visit Peru. Exciting adventures.
Go for it!

~Anastazia~ said...

Susan,
As I read through all you've written, i was inspired by your perseverance to hold onto your dream, & I can hear in your words your desire for change, healing, & restoration, & I just wanted to let you know I've added you to my prayer list, that the God who created you would lead you, & continually confirm to you that He makes no mistakes when He made us humans, & that He loves you just as you are, & is there for you! A verse from the Bible comes to mind to share with you, i hope you don't mind, & I'm not sure right now where it is, but it's one of my favorites, & gives me hope & strength to keep pressing on every day..." Delight yourself in the Lord, & He will give you the desires of your heart!"
Have you ever considered inviting someone to come with you? That may open the door quicker!
Take care, looking forward to reading more,
~Anastazia in Canada~
{From the Art Quilt group}

Susan Hosken said...

My blog has turned into a daily gratitude blog since sept 2010. I am trying to come to terms with the fact that I am not really a traveller. What would I seriously want to do in NY for 10 days or more even for 24 hours. I went to the windsor recently and could hardly manage from 1pm to 12pm the next day without needing recuperation time. I am glad a close friend is going to NY. It helps a lot. I am still coming to terms with all of this and wondering what to do for next trip away
lots of love from susan in australia